Just Us! has partnered with Tea Promoters India (TPI) to bring you a selection of fine Indian teas. TPI manages six tea gardens that are all certified organic and fair-trade. TPI is also at the forefront of sustainable farming, since they use biodynamic methods.
Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Indian Chai, Maritime Breakfast, Darjeeling Green Tea
Rooibus – African Red Bush:
This fine Rooibos tea comes from the ‘red bush’, unique to South Africa. It is grown organically on small farms in the remote Cedarberg Mountains. Rooibos has many discovered health benefits. It has been used to treat digestive problems, sleeplessness and allergies. Its soothing effect on the nervous system relieves stress, nervous tension and mild depression. Rooibos contains many vitamins and elements such as Vitamin C and iron and in addition is an ideal component for a low calorie diet.
- Rooibos is reported to have 50% more antioxidants than are found in green tea. Antioxidants are the organic substances believed to scavenge “free radicals,” the toxic by-product of natural biological processes that can damage cells and lead to cancer.
- Rooibos contains no artificial colours, additives, or preservatives, making it a truly natural beverage.
- Rooibos contains NO caffeine.
- Rooibos has been shown to aid in health problems such as: insomnia, irritability, headaches, nervous tension, and hypertension.
- Rooibos contains the following minerals: copper, iron, potassium, calcium, fluoride, zinc, manganese, alpha- hydroxy (for healthy skin) and magnesium (for the nervous system).
- Interesting Fact: Rooibos is sometimes used as substitute for milk with colicky babies.
Lemon Breeze: Add zest to your day with a cup of this bright and refreshing tea with luscious lemon flavour. Like a cooling breeze, it will enliven your senses.
Peppermint Pleasure: Decide to give yourself a break in the day by making a cup of this perfectly pleasing peppermint tea. Its delightful flavour will both sooth and refresh.
Chamomile Dream: Take time out of your day to relax and savour this flavourful chamomile herbal tea grown at high altitude in the Andean Mountains.
Andean Infusion: Chamomile and dill combine with a subtle hint of mint to bring you this wonderfully fragrant herbal tea grown high on the slopes of Chimborazo.
Citrus Infusion: A unique blend of lemongrass, orange and chamomile combine to create this refreshing yet relaxing herbal tea.
Since caffeine is water-soluble, you can decaffeinate your own tea by about 80% quite easily. Simply steep the tea leaves in boiling water for 20-30 seconds, discard this water, and pour fresh boiling water over the rinsed leaves. To increase the amount of caffeine you are removing, steep a second time. Lastly, steep and enjoy!